Why ‘Precious Bees’?
The name ‘Precious Bees’ was inspired by a thought-provoking khutbah given by Ustadh Nouman Ali Khan:
The sermon ties together Qur’anic verses, hadith and facts about bees with much insight and spirit.
The take-home message?
We must improve ourselves and our communities by behaving more like bees:
– we should consume that which is wholesome (not just in terms of eating halal and healthy, but also in pursuing halal rizq)
– we should aim to perfect our ways, be high achievers – the best that we can be
– we should help one another to succeed and not be afraid of others surpassing our own level of success
– we should give back more than we take (think environment, think relationships)
– we should conduct ourselves with humility
If we learn to work with each other and live with each other and create a harmonious community then we don’t just benefit each other; we become a healing for mankind!
– Ustadh Nouman Ali Khan